Each new year, I pick a word for next year. For 2022, I picked stability. I should have picked relentless, it would have been more appropriate!!
After the past few years, I’d hoped to get back on an even keel. Boy did the challenges keep coming. It was curveball after curveball.
This photo represents my biggest achievement with Buddy. Competing at our biggest competition by far. It wasn’t the success I’d hoped for. We learnt a lot that day. And left the ring with tears and a huge smile! It’s also is a good metaphor for 2022. It wasn’t what I’d hoped for, but I learnt a lot. And I’m leaving it with tears and a huge smile.
Even with all the challenges, I still achieved so much in 2022. Here are some of the highlights:
- saw my business grow
- picked up new clients
- went to Celtic Manor
- met some incredible people
- lost touch with some others
- saw some friendships deepen, some wain
- laughed till I cried and cried till I laughed
- watched people grow
- helped them to see how amazing they are
- learnt new skills
- kept blogging even if no-one read it
- tried sidesaddle
- joined Carleton Riding Club
- took Buddy to training camps and clinics
- won rosettes
- won a trophy
- got more bruises
- had lessons from Nicola Wilson, Piggy March and other brilliant instructors.
- visited new places
- fell in love with Blickling
- made many more memories
- supported my parents on numerous emergency trips
- spent time with people I love
- felt the love and support of others
If you’re reading this, I’d like to thank you for being part of this year and my journey.
Here’s to 2023 and whatever it holds for us all. After the past few years, I know I can handle it – the good, the bad and the downright ugly!