Let’s face it, 2021 was an interesting year. We were so optimistic about how much better it would be than 2020. And in some ways it was. But boy did the challenges keep coming.
One thing I enjoy about the year end is looking back at the things I’ve achieved. This year I was struggling to see what those were. So I took some time to look closer. There was a lot that didn’t happen. But there was a lot that did.
In time honoured tradition, I made a list…
So, in 2021 I:
- recovered from Covid
- made the best of Covidland
- saw my business grow
- picked up new clients
- met some incredible people
- lost touch with some others
- saw friendships deepen
- saw friendships wain
- laughed till I cried
- cried till I laughed
- watched people grow
- learnt new skills
- kept blogging even if no-one read it
- kept putting one foot in front of the other
- took Buddy to 4 training camps
- won rosettes
- got more bruises
- had lots of lessons
- visited new places
- made more memories
- supported my parents
- lost Nero
- watched the kittens grow
- met my eventing heroine Lucinda Green
- had her teach me and interview me
- put myself out there
- took time to develop myself
- felt the love and support of others
But above all, I’ve taken time for me. I’ve learnt a hell of a lot about myself this year. I’m ending it in a better place than I started it.
If you’re reading this, I’d like to thank you for being part of this year and my journey.
Here’s to 2022 and whatever it holds for us all. Fingers and toes crossed it’s a good one.